Job title: Interim Feast co-ordinator
Organisation: West Norwood Feast
Salary: £100/day for an average of 6 – 8 days per month
West Norwood Feast is a people powered market that takes place on the first Sunday of the month from April through to December. We have been running successfully for three years, and have been recognised locally and across London for our innovative community-based work. We have been successful in securing grants from the Outer London Fund and have been supported by the Mayor of London and Lambeth Council.
The market is run by volunteers, and aims to bring together a fun and eclectic mix of stalls, entertainment, and kids activities. We are strongly rooted in the local community, with links to West Norwood businesses, charities and residents. We try to adopt a fun, engaging and inclusive approach to our work, driven by our aim of “making West Norwood an even better place to live”.
There are a number of exciting developments ahead in West Norwood. There is the possibility of a weekly market next year; local shops and businesses have recently set up a Business Association; the new leisure centre and swimming pool are due to open in the spring; and Picturehouse is planning to open a new cinema beside the library. Feast is moving towards setting up a charity and is currently developing its business model for 2014 onwards.
The market is scheduled to enter its winter break from December, but we need an extra pair of helping hands to make sure that we are ready to start the 2014 Feast season with a bang in April! We are seeking a temporary Feast co-ordinator to help with some of the support and administrative tasks that need to be carried out during this winter period. You’ll need to be pretty flexible, interested in the objectives of Feast and keen to work alongside a fun and enthusiastic group of volunteers! In the short-term we are looking for someone from January-March. There may be the potential to apply for a longer-term role once we have agreed the business model for Feast 2014.
Some of the specific responsibilities will involve:
1. To be the first point of contact for anyone wishing to contact Feast, including key stakeholders such as Lambeth Council and the Outer London Fund
2. To be the central point of contact for any queries within the Feast volunteer team
3. To support comms activities, such as Feast blogs, e-newsletter, social media
4. To make arrangements for weekly open meetings on Tuesday evenings at the Railway pub and
the fortnightly steering group meetings (sending out notices; ensuring volunteers are available
for agenda setting, chairing and minute taking). Attending some of those meetings as
1. To help volunteers co-ordinate the annual ‘I love Feast’ volunteering and awareness raising
campaign and the planned supper club event in February
2. To support the Feast team in drawing up plans for Feast in 2014
3. To support any preparation required in the run up to Feast in April 2014
1. To record all Feast income and expenditure, generating invoices and ensuring prompt payment
2. To provide monthly finance reports to the Outer London Fund and attend any relevant meetings
3. To coordinate financial recording with Feast’saccountant and bookkeeper
1. To maintain Feast’s internaldocument management systems (e.g. meeting agendas, minutes,
contracts, licences etc)
To find out more about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Wednesday 27 November and interviews are scheduled to take place in the evening of Monday 9 December. Please send through a CV and short statement saying why you are interested in the role.