Feast is run almost entirely by volunteers. Apart from our part time coordinator, we are a team of local people who come together each year to ‘make West Norwood an even better place to live’. It is volunteers who book the hundred or so market stalls, who organise the free activities, who schedule the musical performances. We do a pretty impressive thing, but we can always do with more help!
There are loads of ways you can help. It could be just a couple of hours on a Feast day giving out information and being friendly. Or you could do more behind the scenes stuff, like helping with our finances or marketing. Here are just some of the roles we need you for…
- hub leaders to help run the different market spaces
- entertainment coordinators to schedule the day’s music at Feast and run Wingit, our open mic performance space for young people
- a finance team to do the management accounts
- a marketing team to oversee design, merchandise, sponsorship and press liaison
- technical people to set up the music equipment and run the website
- creative, community minded people to curate the monthly themed Feast’s — we like to involve as many other local organisations as possible!
Why become a Feast volunteer?
Here are just some of the reasons why we do it…
- to meet our neighbours (and make some good friends)
- to learn about the community and feel more connected
- to gain new skills
- to be a part of something successful and enjoyable
- and because it’s much more fun than Facebook!